the east Window
Hugh Easton (1906-1965) was born in London, son of Frank (a doctor) and Alice (Howland). He studied in France and worked for the firm of Blacking in Surrey before setting up a studio in Cambridge. During the Second World War he served at the Ministry of Information with the rank of commander RNVR. Most of his windows were made in Harpenden at the studio of Robert Hendra and Geoffrey Harper. He and his associates worked on many windows for churches and other institutions after the war.
Click the picture (left) to open a detailed information broadsheet on the design of the window and the meanings of the motifs and symbols.